I stitched this together with a little over two dozen, 1280×960 pixel images taken with my eyepiece planetary/guider cam and a 6″ dobsonian. Reasonably good seeing this night. When I saw that the stars were barely twinkling, I figured I better get some images while the getting was good.
I let the camera take an image every two seconds while I moved the scope from bottom to top of the target and let it drift across the field of view. In all, I got about 334 images in RAW FIT format files, which I converted in IRIS. I had to debayer them to get color and they came out really red, since I don’t have that specific camera in IRIS. A Nikon seemed to be the closest match as far as conversion from RAW to RGB color. IRIS was able to apply the same color correction settings to each image in a batch mode and then I selected and manually exported select images into PSD format for PS.
It is not the best stitch-up job, since the moon rotated somewhat in the field of view between the first images and the last. But, I think it is reasonably good for a few days worth of work. I had to patch a few goofs and bad spots after the original posting. One major one I didn’t catch until a few days after posting was the original image was backwards! It seems the camera outputs mirror images in RAW format or it was possibly the FIT file format was encoded backwards. I’m not sure. I still have the RAW data, so I can put together another mosaic if I get bored one day. 🙂