Cut short by clouds! I have been wanting to get this object, too. It was finally in an area of the sky and there at the right time for me to get at least 90 minutes worth of time on it. But, the clouds came in and ruined things only half-way in. What I did get was decent, at least.
Quickie M3 set done for killing a little time.
Two sets of data taken back to back. First set was with 30 sec, high-gain sub-images and the 2nd set was with 60 sec subs at medium gain. Total time was 3.65 hours. Cropped about 50% out to isolate the galaxy. The 60 sec subs were better, but only because I had centered the target better and it was higher in the sky when I started the set.
First object of this night’s session was an ambitious attempt at the Jellyfish Nebula. Over 2 hrs and it still was not enough. I was hoping it would pick up more. The L-eNhance filter might do a better job. For nebulae, it is definitely more sensitive, just not as versatile as the UHC-S filter is.
This image is still in process. It was not the best night for attempting this since transparency was poor at the time of imaging it. Lots of LP in the 4 hrs of exposure accumulated and almost overwhelmed the dim galaxies. The color was zapped out, so I took an image with only about 2 hrs of time and used it as color and the 4 hrs of exposure was used as luminosity.
A quickie of M67. Marginal conditions with seeing and only average transparancy. But, you have to take what you can get in February. Hopefully, we’ll get more than just one or two nights of good skies in March.
Just over an hour’s worth of exposure for this one. This was the 2nd object of the night, the first being Betelgeuse, which was only a few frames.
I had better conditions for this shot at the beginning of the session than later in the night for other objects. Too bad it didn’t stay like that.
While shooting this, two older ladies came by to see what I was doing. Interesting conversation, but I think I went right over their heads trying to explain a supernova remnant. LoL! 🙂