Here’s an image of the moon setting behind tree branches that I created recently. Of course the nearly full moon was way overexposed in the image taken for the background, but I overlayed another shot taken at a much shorter exposure and blended the two together until it looked somewhat natural.
It is not much of an image, but it was done with my trusty TV-85 and my Atlas EQ-G tracking mount, instead of that dobsonian I’ve been stuck using.
I managed to get those two items back into my possession recently. Unfortunately, the Atlas mount needed lots of work just to get it barely running again. There is a burnt out motor on one of the drive axis. It was the RA motor, so I swapped it with the DEC motor to just get the tracking going. During testing I was able to take a one minute video with decent tracking, which yielded just over 290 frames with the planetary cam I used.
I ordered some stepper motors for cheap from Amazon to replace the originals, which are both shot. I’ll also have to get some new bearings for the mount and it needs a new power switch. I might just get a hypertune kit with the ceramic bearings and possibly a belt-drive upgrade. It definitely needs some TLC before it will be able to do any serious imaging. 🙁